Susannah shared news about TERMIUM Plus (R), the Canadian Government’s terminology and linguistic data bank.
What is in this data bank? According to the site:
- Almost 4 million English and French terms;
- More than 18,000 Portuguese terms;
- More than 200,000 Spanish terms;
- More than 4,000 monthly updates;
- Accurate, specialized and up-to-date terminology;
- The Government of Canada´s standardization tool;
- 17 diverse and user-friendly writing tools.
A quadralingual databank gives the precise English, French or Spanish or Portuguese equivalent for everything from plants, diseases, machines and tools. TERMIUM Plus also contains the meanings of very specialized terms and offers a writing assistance tool. Legal terms are included in the data bank with very specific source cites and context provided with complementary documents for many records.
Slawyers who need to ensure the accuracy of terms and phrases should check it out.