Research issues can be very specific – either in the time period for information or in the minutia of the topic. For those questions, the commentary material near to hand may not have your answers. Today’s tip shares some approaches.
- Look at reissues or recently released encyclopedias (the CED, Halsbury’s Laws of Canada)
- Look for legal news articles (Lawyer’s Weekly, Canadian Lawyer, Law Times)
- Look at bar association or law society newsletters (CBA National)
- Look at law blogs (lawblogs.ca)
- Look at law journals and topical journal publications (I use the Index to Canadian Legal Literature first and full text searching second)