Erin Cowling’s wonderful interview series, Women Leading in Law, is back up and running after a bit of a break.
In response to the difficult times we’re in, Cowling notes, “I don’t know about you but I need some good news right about now. And I believe there’s nothing better than reading positive stories about women kicking butt in law“.
In her series (at 45 interviews and counting!), Cowling asks women lawyers working in a wide variety of roles and practice areas a standard set of six questions:
- Tell me a little about your practice or business.
- Why did you go to law school?
- How did you get to where you are today? Design? Chance? Both?
- What is your most significant achievement? What are you proud of?
- What are some key challenges, and more importantly, opportunities for women in law?
- What advice would you give a woman starting her legal career?
The responses are fascinating and unexpected and contain excellent advice. Spending some time reading them is almost guaranteed to inspire you!