Today’s tip is simply to share some basic reminders for making the most of your social media this coming year.
- There is effort in social media. Pick one or two services/platforms/techs and schedule the time to actually work them.
- Use all tech as intended. LinkedIn was created for business networking; twitter for little bits of you; Facebook for more personal connections.
- Any social media postings will impact your digital image and credibility. Once you start – keep going; no fits and spurts for maximum SEO.
- Fill in your profile. Use professional head shot – you want people to know, like and trust so let ’em see what ya look like.
- If your head shot is showing, it must be you who is publishing. If an account is for an organization or you delegate the writing to an assistant, use a logo or other non-you avatar/photo.
- When signing up for an account, don’t upload your contact list to any social media. Locate and click on the “skip this step”. Your friends will find you.
- Give. Educate. Assist. Don’t sell. Social media is for connecting not selling.
These tips really are simple and straightforward, but they’re also easy to overlook or lose sight of!
Andrea Cannavina (@AndreaCan) helps law firms organize, automate and implement business process improvements to create efficient workflows and happier staff.