If you were paying attention to the last installment of the Canadian Law Blog Awards (aka Clawbies) this past December, you probably noticed that podcasts are more popular than ever. The top prize even went to a podcast this year!
Today’s tip is to expand your professional development horizons past print and in-person, and check out a podcast.
A good place to start is with the outstanding productions that were mentioned in the 2018 Clawbies:
- The Docket by Michael Spratt and Emilie Taman
- IdeaBlawg podcast by Lisa Silver
- Lawyer Life Podcast by Darlene Tonelli and Mike Anderson
- Diversonomics Podcast by Gowlings WLG
- Jumping off the Ivory Tower Podcast by Julie Macfarlane and Dayna Cornwall
- Hull on Estates podcast by Hull & Hull
- Intrepid Podcast by Stephanie Carvin and Craig Forcese
- Paw & Order Podcast by Peter Sankoff and Camille Labchuk
- Of Counsel Podcast by Sean Robichaud
- Cases That Should Have Gone to the SCC But Didn’t by Kyla Lee [vlog]
- Stereo Decisis Podcast by Robert Danay, Oliver Pulleyblank and Hilary Young
- Objection! By Kelly Doctor and Nadine Blum
Other great podcasts (including more Clawbies winners) can be found in the lawblogs.ca Podcasts & Vlogs section.
For more recommendations, including a bunch from beyond Canada, check out Connie Crosby’s recent post: Legal Knowledge Professionals’ Podcast Roundup – Jan 18 2019