How long have you been on LinkedIn? A few years? More? Have you added or changed anything since that time? Your headshot? Your profile? The type of content you post?
If it’s been more than a few years and not much has changed, now is the time to do just that! Even if you start with a single, small step.
Choose something easy…
- How about updating your headshot, so that it is current and engaging?
- Simpler? You can change your title, so it’s not just accurate… it’s interesting.
- Too much? Simply install the LinkedIn app on your smart phone and check your feed once a week. You can read what your connections post and jump into a conversation when you see something that matters to you.
Yes, it will take more than this first step to become a LinkedIn warrior. But once you start seeing the results of your efforts, you may find that you are surprised at just how motivated you are to keep going!
For more related reading, see these past articles on Slaw:
Also, see the following related articles by Sandra Bekhor at Toronto Marketing Blog:
- LinkedIn books for lawyers: An interview with author Marc Halpert (videos)
- LinkedIn for lawyers: What’s next? (13 pros chime in!)
- Legal marketing – what’s next? (42 legal marketing pros chime in!)